Everyone deals with stress
The level of stress each individual can handle is different. The good news is that there are several stress management techniques that can be very effective. I've got several ideas to give you a starting point. Pick the ones that seem to have the best impact on your stress. Notice which ones increase your JOY factor and allow you to live a life full of JOY.
Research has shown us over and over that exercise is one of the best things people can do to manage stress. Even taking a brisk walk for 25-30 minutes 5 times a week will make a big difference. If you can't do it all in one time slot, break it up. Walk around the block on a break. Wear a step tracker and note how many steps you take in a day. Set small goals and keep moving forward.
The foods you consume fuel your body. Making good nutrition choices is important for your overall health. When you fuel your body with healthy foods, you function better. Your brain can function at optimal levels when you feed it with the right things. Choose wisely. If you need some assistance with your food choices and nutrition, consider seeing a nutritionist or dietician.
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils for pharmacological physiological and psychological benefits. A pure therapeutic grade oil works at a core cellular level to assist in managing stress.
Keeping a stress journal can help you identify the regular stressors in your life and the way you respond to them. By becoming aware of your stressors, you can choose your response. This allows you to be intentional about how you choose to cope with the stress.
Have Some FUN!
Many times we get so busy that we forget to have some fun! Jot down some things that you enjoy doing. How often are you doing them? Make an intentional effort to start doing more of the things you know are FUN and bring you JOY! Some things on my list are kickboxing, spending time in nature, playing with the dogs, reading, listening to music, calling a good friend.. you get the idea! What's on your list?
Time with Friends
Do not underestimate the power of time with good friends. Just talking about what is happening in your life can reduce your stress level. Make a list of your GOLD friends-those people who bring you JOY. Be intentional about scheduling time with your GOLD friends. Notice the impact of this precious time together.
Prayer or Meditation
Prayer or mediation can be a great strategy for managing stress. This is a quiet time that allows the mind and spirit to be calm. When the brain is calm and the organic chemicals are in balance we can operate more effectively.
Stress Management Podcasts
Watch my Facebook or sign-up for JOY-mail to get new releases.
- Acceptance: Increase Your Joy Factor by focusing on accepting yourself by honoring and bringing forth your gifts and strengths. Celebrate YOU!
- Time Management and Its Impact on Stress: Increase Your joy factor by learning how your time management (or lack thereof) is affecting your stress level and gain some strategies you can explore and implement.
- Putting Time Into What You Value: Increase your joy factor by identifying what you value most in life and learning how to be more intentional about focusing your time in these areas.
- Avoiding Distractions: Increase your joy factor by learning how to become aware of distractions and get intentional about not letting them get int he way.
- Symptoms of Stress: Increase your joy factor by learning how to identify your symptoms of stress and create awareness around the impact these symptoms are having in your life.
- Stress Busters: Increase your joy factor by learning about stress busters-things you can to to manage your stress more effectively.